downloading documents via SSL connection on IE

I ran into a pretty interesting issue today. (This is a follow up of my earlier post ). I was trying to download some text file from our application using IE6. Suddenly I get a very unexpected error:
Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

I was super surprised because I was 100% the file was there. Did some research online, and it seems to be related to this issue
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q316431&



It seems that when you download from an SSL session, and IE6 can't save it temporarily to disk locally, it has issues. Lucky for me, this is an internal application, and I could just my users to ensure their browser settings are as below.


You can get to here from Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Scroll down to the bottom in the Security section. And look for “Do not save encrypted pages to disk”. Make sure this is turned OFF


Comments (0)

Post a Comment